(Updated March 10, 2023)
Thank you for visiting the Global Medical Brigades Website.
Global Medical Brigades, Inc. (hereinafter “Global Medical Brigades,” “we,” “us” or the “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Lawful Basis for Processing
You agree that we have a lawful basis to process any of your personal information necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, to the maximum extent permitted by law. By accessing this site, you agree that we have a legitimate interest:
- To perform general business operations related to our purpose, and to seek funding in support thereof.
- To comply with foreign and domestic legal requirements.
- To improve our existing operations and develop new operations.
- To notify you of new products, services, and events that may be of interest.
- To protect the vital interests of the public.
- To personalize our services.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To seek contributions in furtherance of our charitable mission.
You further agree that the uses of your personal information described below are necessary to our legitimate interests.
How We Use Your Information
We use information about you that we collect or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the purposes described in this policy. Please note that one or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Provision of products and services: We may use personal information to fulfill transaction requests, process an order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform a transaction, to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you and to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses. We may also store or otherwise record personal information in the course of providing products and/or services.
- Development of products and services: We may use personal information to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services. We may also use personal information to personalize our services and to provide users with services more relevant, for example, to make recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our Website. We may combine personal information collected in connection with your use of a particular product and/or service with other personal data we may hold, except where such personal data was collected for a different purpose. We may create aggregate and statistical information based on personal information.
- Communicating with you and marketing: We may use personal information to communicate with you, for example, to respond to your inquiries, to provide information relating to our services that you request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you, or to contact you for participant feedback and satisfaction queries. We may use your personal information for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research. And we may, in accordance with applicable law, contact you to inform you of new services or promotions we may offer or that may be offered by any of our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- Employment: We may use personal information to process applications for employment.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose /or otherwise process your personal information to comply with any foreign or domestic legal requirements.
- Otherwise described: We may process your personal information any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Consent: We may use your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data . For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Medical Brigades’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Medical Brigades about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We are an international organization, and may decide to transfer your personal information to an affiliate or third party outside your home jurisdiction. Please be aware that the legal protections for personal information in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to the protections in your home jurisdiction. By providing us with your information, you agree that we may store, transfer, and otherwise process your information in any reasonably necessary location outside your home jurisdiction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your Rights to Access, Correct, Erase, Restrict, and Object to use of your Personal Information
You have the right to request certain actions regarding the personal data that we possess. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the following actions:
- To access personal data about you that we possess. This includes information on the ways in which we use your personal data, categories of personal data concerned, recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your personal data, and our use of automated decision-making in processing your data.
- To correct and update your personal data.
- To erase personal data, if that data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected or otherwise processed, if you object to the use of that data and a fundamental right is at stake, or if your personal data has been unlawfully processed. Where your data was made public, our responsibility to erase it is limited to deleting data in our possession, and taking reasonable steps to inform other data controllers of your request. In no event shall we have any obligation to erase your data where doing so would prevent exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, would interfere with a legal obligation, would interfere with the processing of health data, would interfere with legitimate archiving, or would impede the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- To restrict processing of your personal data, except for storage and other uses with your consent. We are not obligated to restrict processing of your personal data unless you contest the accuracy of that data for a period of time reasonably allowing us to verify accuracy, the processing is unlawful and you request that processing be restricted instead of erasing the data, your data is no longer necessary for processing but you require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim, or pending a determination after you object to data processing.
- To object to any given form of data processing.
We will notify you of any action taken regarding your request. You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for failure to provide you with a response within a period of one month.
For requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a fee based on administrative costs or refuse to respond. If we refuse to respond, you will be informed of the reason for refusal, and of available recourse.
Your Privacy Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. You can learn more about your California privacy rights here.
California’s “shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
Global Medical Brigades, Inc.
16192 Coastal Highway
Lewes, DE 19958
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any Global Brigades Website or digital application where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
This site was developed and is maintained by Global Medical Brigades, Inc.
“Global Medical Brigades” and all its logos are registered service marks owned by Global Medical Brigades, Inc. and may not be used without permission.
Permission generally is granted to reprint articles from this Website for educational, non-commercial purposes. Requirements for reprinting are as follows:
Writer’s byline, if applicable
© Global Medical Brigades
Reprinted, in its entirety, with permission of Global Medical Brigades
For permissions or to advise of links to this site, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon print publication of material from this site, for our records we require that a copy be sent to: Webmaster, Global Medical Brigades, Inc. 16192 Coastal Highway Lewes, DE 19958
For additional information about this site or about Global Medical Brigades, please contact us at:
Global Medical Brigades, Inc.
16192 Coastal Highway
Lewes, DE 19958
This DONATION is non-refundable
This DONATION is non-refundable Global Brigades, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Your donation will be used to further Global Brigades' mission and will be allocated toward the program you selected. This donation will not be utilized to fulfill a chapter or a volunteer's fundraising goal. Read Global Brigades, Inc's full Donation Refund Policy here.
Looking to donate to support a volunteer's fundraising goal? Find their Global Brigades Chapter by searching our Chapters map and then selecting their upcoming brigade. If you need help finding their chapter, you can ask the volunteer to send you their brigade's specific website link or you can contact us.
By making this donation, I agree to the no-refund policy
I am cancelling my donation to support Global Brigades